Here are some of the latest tech developments and interesting topics for technology in our world! We are always adding new content for educating Small- to Medium-sized organizations, so come back often!
Here is a great place to explore past articles and notes that can help organizations in IT, whether it is Small Business or Medium Business – 825 Technologies is educating Central Ohio on things you really need to know!
- A Business Dashboard is a Key to Success. Learn Why! - What is a Business Dashboard? And how can it help you? At this time we are constantly bombarded with information. Our phones ding with new messages, a constant flow of emails demand to be sorted, forwarded and archived, and we fill our calendars with appointments to make sure we are not […]
- Semi-Annual Report Posted (2nd Half 2016) - 2016 was an exciting year. We packed it full of great times, awesome productivity, and wonderful clients! You can click on the image above, or got to https://825technologies.com/annual-reports/ to read more about the 2nd half of 2016 at 825 Technologies. We are very thankful to our clients and the Central Ohio […]
- Google Suites – Spotlight on Keep - Google Keep is a fantastic tool – especially if you are a visual learning who responds best to a visual “post-it” like environment for notes and to-dos. Top 3 Features: “OK Google” If you need to create a quick note, or reminder, just pick up your phone (or turn up […]
- Cybersecurity: Prepare for the Inevitable Cyber Attack - For small businesses cybersecurity is an often forgotten part of the equation when it comes to keeping their business secure. This might be because most business owners don’t have the time to research what cybersecurity is, let alone what needs to be done to implement a strong security policy of […]
- Calendar Usage and Team Efficiency - There is a direct relationship with calendar usage and team synergy. And the reason is simple. Before we get to the simple reason, let’s join together for a quick refresher on two important practices of time management. The Ideal Week. You can read more about it over at Michael […]
- Are You Ready To AMPLIFI Your Home Wi-Fi? - AMPLIFI (by Ubiquiti) is absolutely the neatest invention since sliced bread! That may be an exaggeration; but, if you are in the market for a home or small business network, this unit has to be at the top of the list. The setup is easy, the price is competitive, and […]
- Top Reasons on Why You Should Consider Managed Services - As a company evolves, it is important to define and implement its global IT strategy. The challenge for IT managers here is how to meet the performance, security and operational expectations while trying to maintain its costs. Several experts are now recommending Managed Services to meet these conditions. Managed […]
- The Risks of Connecting to a Public Wi-Fi Network - You might already hear a lot of times that you should not open your PayPal, bank account, and even your email while using a public WiFi as it poses a number of risks. While you might set up your home WiFi to be encrypted, you don’t know if you are connecting […]
- The Power of Google Keep, and What You NEED to Know - Google Keep is an outstanding tool that you need to be aware of – here is why: Your life is busy You typically have your cell phone with you Those two simple facts add an infinite amount of value to Google Keep via its many uses. For instance, with Google […]
- How to Uninstall QuickTime on Windows - THERE’S NOT MUCH motivation to have QuickTime on a Windows rig these days, in light of the fact that there are such a variety of better choices for watching video. That is the reason Apple has quit overhauling it. Furthermore, since an absence of redesigns means an absence of insurance—including […]
- Badlock Patch Deployment Update - Whether you are aware of the vulnerability or not, we want to let you know that we are patching all machines today against the Badlock Vulnerability. These patches will be going out so as to not disturb productivity (we will contact clients with 24×7 productivity to schedule the best time). […]
- 9 Tips for Law Firm IT Security - Law Firm IT Security is now a VERY big deal. If you are a Law Firm, you might not know that you are in the crosshairs of many hackers and nefarious individuals as of late (See Bloomberg, The Law Society Gazette, and American Lawyer). That is the bad news. The good […]
- Potential Effects of Ransomeware in Healthcare - Articles about the weakness in medical devices that may gamble on the probable impact to patient safety have been in print widely. Ransomware, a malware locked access to certain computer systems by encrypting files, preventing the staff from sharing communications electronically can infect any computer, at any time. It is […]
- Glossary: Common Document Imaging Terminologies - Document Imaging is the conversion of paper files (of any size or description) or microfilm / fiche to digital images. This technology is intended for users who have significant arranging large volume of files or back-office problems. As years passed by, hardware prices have dropped and software demand increased, people […]
- Consider these factors for your backup software - When we think about backing up our data whether they are important or not, it is only natural for us to think as to where we would place the files. If we opt in for buying a software that backs up our files it is only beneficial that you consider […]
- Digital Boards - The industry that has greatly taken advantage of the digital board is the restaurant industry – from the classic chalk board written menu on top of the counter to the newest digital menu board for the customers to choose their food from. But it is important to take note […]
- Five Traits of a Culture of Engagement - According to U.S. Labor Department, 5.8 million job opportunities were open in July, topping the records since 2000. The fact that the level of job opportunities in the job market is still high, business firms try their best not to resort to turning over employees and keep it high for […]
- Tips to Find the Best Laptop Tablet Combo for Your Business - Owning a smartphone, laptop or tablet is just as common as owning a regular cellphone for knowledge workers today. It is unquestionable since their job demands for a technology that makes communication easier and to make productivity as effective and efficient as possible. In fact, there are some users who […]
- New Ransomware Prevention Software - Virus, Malware, & Ransomware Development Computer virus infections have been increasing over the last years as hackers become more adept at creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in computer systems with Malware, Ransomware and other nefarious programs. Malware entered the scene a few years back; these viruses are typically a type of […]
- 10 Unique Ways Teachers Can Use Interactive Whiteboards - Creative teachers are finding new ways to use interactive whiteboards in the classroom every day. Here are 10 strategies. Whiteboard Background The blackboard has been around for as long as there has been classroom instruction, but it’s quickly being replaced by a new educational tool. With an interactive digital whiteboard, […]
If you need help with Small Business IT, or any IT questions, please don’t hesitate to call us – we love educating and help all organizations!