Do you think your data is safe by being backed up in your office? What happens when the backup or redundant server looks like this:
Did you know, according to the Richmond House Group, that 20% of Small- and Medium-Sized businesses have a data loss of critical data EVERY 5 YEARS!
Or that 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster, and 50% filed for bankruptcy immediately? (Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington DC.)
Off-site Data Storage and/or Backup is a business area you need to consider heavily. Here are 5 reasons:
- Data Loss – You will lose your data some day. When that day comes, will you be able to find AND properly recover the data that you lost? With Off-site storage (especially one with regular backups included), you don’t have to worry about finding those backups and restoring them.
- Speed – How long would you be down if you lost your data? Would it take your IT firm 1 or 2 days to come into your office and begin the restoration process? How much work would you have to redo or business would you lose out on while that restoration is happening?
- Accessibility – If you were to have a disaster at your office and were no longer able to work in the office, how would you access your files? With off-site storage you can securely access your files from any location.
- Share-ability – If you have a large file to share with a business colleague, you are limited in your choices. Email is typically your go-to, but most email servers limit the max file size that can be sent. So you will have to rely on an outside source, often adding to the opportunity for your business property/data to be compromised. With the right type of off-site storage, you can securely share a link to a file with a colleague without ever having to compromise security or hassle with moving files around to third party services for transfer.
- Minimal Cost for Infrastructure Improvement – If you decided to upgrade your backup system, you could be well into the $3,000-$5,000 range in an instant. Don’t get caught in that trap. With off-site storage and backup, you can easily increase your storage needs with no additional infrastructure costs.
Off-site Storage and Backup is a definite need for businesses in this day and age. This storage must be:
- OFFER ON-SITE SYNCING
- ALLOW FOR EASY & SECURE SHARING
The product that we use for this is Egnyte. Egnyte started offering their services to the finance and healthcare fields. They are the gold standard for off-site storage and backup!
Here are some of the awesome features that Egnyte offers (and no one offers this sweet of a deal):
At $15 per user a month, you get:
- 10 TB Storage
- Desktop Sync
- Mobile Access
- FTP Access
- Microsoft Outlook® Integration
- Integrations Package with 3rd Party Software like Salesforce and Docusign
- Enterprise Class Security
- Custom Branding
- Advanced Security Package (Audit Reports, Remote Device Management, Advanced Authentication and more)
- Synchronization Package (Ability to Sync Local Storage (NAS, SAN, DAS to the Cloud Server)
There are many more features available – so contact us today for free and get the dialogue started!